Butler Memorial Hall
John J. Murphy Professional Building
William F. Walsh Science Center
William E. and Ann L. Swan Business Center
St. Bonaventure Golf Course (9-hole)
Located across the street from campus, the St. Bonaventure Golf Course is a scenic 9-hole layout that serves as host to a number of local golf leagues.
The par-36 course is 2,932 yards for men (33.8 course rating) and 2,508 yards for women (34.5 course rating). The course is available to be rented for tournament play and has a full fleet of motorized golf carts. Pull-carts are also available for rental.
Longtime SBU President Fr. Thomas Plassmann, O.F.M., found the site to be a “fitting and naturally ordained location for a golf course” when it opened on May 16, 1929.
The most famous match ever played at the course was at a War Bonds rally during World War II. Golf legend Byron Nelson and fellow pro “Jugs” McSpaden each teamed with a top local amateur. More than $100,000 was raised. Nelson broke the course record with a 29 on the back nine, but his team lost to McSpaden’s by a stroke.
Flexible menus & on-site catering available. See catering options here.
St. Bonaventure Golf Course and Clubhouse is located on Route 417 in Allegany, N.Y. They are located across from the University and are accessed through the same gates as St. Bonaventure Cemetery.
Additional Building Spaces